In 1985, Dr. Joseph Y. Bordelon and Dr. Louis H. Nix combined their respective solo practices. In 1989, Dr. Hunt deBlanc joined the practice and remained until 2002. In 2003, Dr. Jose Santiago became a member of the group and in August of 2013, Dr. Leah Olivier joined the organization.
Our dedicated team of physicians have collective backgrounds in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep Disorder Medicine and Geriatrics. With over 60 years of combined experience, they have personally achieved or have been responsible for many "firsts" in our community.
- 1st board certified Pulmonary Specialist in Opelousas
- 1st Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program in Opelousas
- 1st celebration of World COPD Day in Acadiana
- 1st board certified Sleep Disorder Specialist in Opelousas
- 1st accredited Sleep Disorder Center in Opelousas
- 1st physician in Opelousas to obtain additional qualifications in Geriatrics
- 1st medical office in Opelousas to be recognized by the La.Quality HealthCare Committee for advancements in preventive care (vaccines).
ACADIANA MEDICINE CLINIC 1200 Hospital Drive, Suite 4 Opelousas, LA 70570 (337)948-7090